The journey has intensified to select the most suited Miss Jamaica World Goodwill Ambassador, who is not only beautiful and gracious but who can represent Jamaica in a year when the nation celebrated its 55th year of independence.
Spartan Health Club, franchise holder of Miss Jamaica World Pageant, MJW 2017, Pageant Director – Kandi King and the pageant’s team of expert judges, recently selected 18 Miss Jamaica World hopefuls, all who are vying for the opportunity to wear the prestigious MJW crown at the World pageant being staged in China .
On Saturday, September 2, 2017, the 18 charming and beautiful selected Miss Jamaica World finalists set the Sovereign Centre in a frenzy with their beauty, grace and high fashion as they made their first public appearance, wearing casual city chic designs courtesy of Loud Fashion House and fashionable swimsuits from Maxie’s Department Store.
The dazzling finalists had the large, vibrant, enthusiastic crowd screaming and cheering loudly as they sought to encourage their pick for the 2017 MJW Crown. The girls were randomly assigned to sponsors, giving the contestant sponsors representative the opportunity to sash their finalist and meet and greet them in person.
1) Sashell Stephenson Miss ORS hair care
2) Melissa Douglas Miss Thiiah’s Juices & Organic Foods
3) Sasha Henry Miss Caribbean Lasik Vision Centre
4) Jaavonne Taylor Miss Yaaman Adventure Park
5) Latoya Tingle Miss The Beauty Spot
6) Sukanya Wilmot Miss 876 Blue Mountain Spring Water
7) Solange Sinclair Miss New Heights Construction
8) Amaya Lewis Miss Loud Fashion
9) Megan Mcnaughton Miss Chungs Catering
10) Rochelle Duncan Miss Triple Century Sports Bar
11) Shantel Gardner Miss Caribbean Industrial Systems
12) Alana Pennant Miss SleekJamaica
13) Diedre Mckenzie Miss Eyeland Eyewear
14) Brianne St Juste Miss Dunn’s Furniture
15) Leah Hollingsworth Miss IntraNET Solutions
16) Kadeja Anderson Miss Romeich Wear
17) Alyssa Boothe Miss Dolphin Cove
18) Jeneque Pinnock Miss Maxie’s Department Stores
After the sashing ceremony, the beauties were each presented with gift packages from Maybelline, and ORS Hair Care and a $20,000 gift voucher from Body Studio Skin Care. 876 Blue Mountain Spring Water showing their endorsement to the pageant made a presentation to the Pageant Director to represent their sponsorship of One Million dollars prize money to the 2017 crowned Miss Jamaica World Ambassador.
To heighten the experience and fun for the contestants, Melia Braco Village, in their capacity as associate sponsor will host the beauties at their property from September 13 – 17.
Other Miss Jamaica World 2017 sponsors include Spartan Health Club, Executive Motors, Maybelline and official shoe sponsor Charles Whittington Collection s
The much anticipated Miss Jamaica World 2012 Coronation Show will take place on Saturday, September 23, at the National Indoor Sports Centre and will be attended by government officials, sponsors, celebrities, entertainment personalities, well wishers and the media.