Hope lives in the United States with her husband and daughter in Pomona, NY.
Hope started the Hope Wade Designs fashion company in 1991, quite by chance, during that year, she was out of work, the church she was attending had a special New Year’s Eve event, and the attire was formal. She decided to put her skills to the test and designed a head turning dress which she wore to the event. She was highly complimented and those who were close to her thought she had shopped for it.
This gave Hope the confidence she need to pursue the dream of owning her own business. Today she is well known for producing outstandingly opulent and elegant designs and skillfully using silks, taffetas and Italian leather among other fabrics to drape her clients! Hope’s motto is “If you can describe it, I can design it.”.
Hope has sewn for many famous business women, media personnel and public figures in the United States. Her designs have graced many red carpet events. She has also continued to gain recognition for her designs and has received several awards including those listed below.
- May 2017 Hope was JAMCCAR Honoree for Outstanding Community Service whereas she received 9 Awards including a Citation from the New York State Assembly.
- January 2016 She was invited to present her designs in Pecha Kucha 20×20 with Rosie O’Donnell in Nyack NY.
- June 2015 Hope showed her latest collection at Caribbean Fashion Week using message art to comment on Black Lives Matter
- March 2015 She competed and was selected as one of the top 3 finalists in the Project Runway, A Critique with Tim Gunn. Her designs are worn by the hostess of ABC TV show Southern Chefs.
- October 2014 Hope was voted Best Up and Coming Fashion Designer of the Hudson Valley region by the Hudson Valley Magazine.
- August 2014 Her gown won the Designer Award at the Miss Jamaica Nation Beauty Pageant in Kingston Jamaica.
- Her designs were featured at Mercedes Benz New York Fashion Week and Brooklyn Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2014 Fashion Show.
- Academy Award & Grammy winner DARLENE LOVE wore a Hope Wade Designs signature red trumpet gown to perform on the DAVID LETTERMAN SHOW and one of her couture designs for President Obama and First Lady Michelle for The Gospel Tradition TV performance at the White House.
- October 2014 she was selected to show her line on the runway for Tim Gunn (Project Runway) by (FAX) Fashion Arts Xchange for their 20th Anniversary Celebration.
- September 2013 she represented the US at London Fashion Week Emerging Trends Fashion Challenge where she competed against designers from all over the world and came third.
- Hope has also showcased her collections on super models Janel McKenzie and Sedena Blake. In addition her work has been featured in several magazines including Vogue, Flair and Super Models SQ Fierce Life
- Hope recognizes the value of giving back to the community and continues to do several shows for charity.