This year, the tradition of Miss Jamaica World Kingston & St. Andrew is being reintroduced as a preliminary to the Miss Jamaica Beauty Pageant. The Miss Kingston winner & the Miss St. Andrew winner along with their runners up (Top 5) will be automatic finalists in the Miss Jamaica World Pageant Final. Participation in the Miss Jamaica Kingston & St. Andrew is a requirement for candidates from the Kingston & St. Andrew region who wish to participate in the Miss Jamaica World Pageant.
Criteria for Entry:
The Miss Jamaica World Beauty Pageant is open to all young, single female Jamaicans and the qualification for eligibility is that all contestants shall be a person:
- Who has been born in Jamaica, be the child of a Jamaican parent, or is a naturalized citizen of Jamaica.
- Who has never been legally married
- Who has never given birth to a child
- Attained the age of 16 years and 6 months on or before the 1st day of June, but shall not have attained the age of 27 years on that date.
- Be of good character and possess charm, poise, and personality and have beauty of face and figure.
- Be a person whose background is not likely to bring into disrepute the Miss Jamaica Beauty Pageant or Miss Jamaica World title or the Promoter or any person associated with them.
- The potential contestant shall not have entered and will not enter into any contract with any other promoter or model agency which is or will be in force during the period of the contest which will require her personal appearance or publication of her name or photographs in association with any product or service save that, in the event the applicant is contracted to a promoter or model agency, the said promoter or Model Agency is willing to release the applicant from any such contract or contracts for the duration of the MJW 2017 Pageant and, in the event that the applicant wins the MJW 2017 Contest, for the period leading up to the termination of the MJW 2018 Pageant.
- The Promoter has the right, without giving any reason whatsoever; to bar any applicant from entering the Miss Jamaica World Contest whom she feels may bring the contest into disrepute.
- The auditions for the MJW Kingston & St. Andrew Pageant will take place at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday June 24, 2017 at Spartan Health Club. The contestants will be required to walk in a swimsuit (bikini or full-piece) with high-heeled shoes and wearing facial make-up in front of selected judges. The contestants will introduce themselves to the judges. Applicants not selected during the auditions will take no further part in the contest.
- Contestants selected through the auditions will participate in the Miss Jamaica Kingston & St. Andrew pageant to be held on Sunday, July 23, 2017
- The Miss Kingston winner and the Miss St. Andrew winner, along with the Top 5 Finalists in the Miss Jamaica Kingston & St Andrew pageant will be automatic finalists in the MJW 2017 Pageant to be held on September 9, 2017.
Miss Jamaica World Middlesex and Miss Jamaica World Cornwall
MJW Middlesex and MJW Cornwall are associated with the Miss Jamaica World Pageant.
- The Winners of these 2 preliminary contests will automatically be listed among the finalists in the MJW 2017 Pageant. However, they must participate with all other contestants at the final auditions on July 28.
- Contestants are able to participate in the Miss Jamaica World Pageant Finals by taking part in the final auditions that will take place at 1:00 p.m. on Friday July 28, 2017 at Spartan Health Club.
Format of Contest
- The MJW Kingston & St. Andrew contest is scheduled to begin on June 24 and end on July 23.
- Prospective contestants must participate in the auditions to be held on June 24 at Spartan Health Club
- Contestants are required to undertake the training conducted by Spartan Health Club.
- The contestants are required to make a series of other public appearances island- wide during the period of the pageant.
- The MJW Kingston & St. Andrew Pageant contest terminates with the selection of the Top 5 Finalists and crowning of MJW Kingston & MJW St, Andrew on Sunday, July 23, 2017 at the Courtleigh Auditorium.
- The MJW 2017 contest begins on July 28 with the Pageant Final set for September 9.
- Contestants will be judged by beauty of face, figure, deportment, charm, poise, personality, general conversation, intelligence as well as conduct during the period of the contest.
- Contestants will be pre-judged on a date prior to the MJW Kingston & St. Andrew Pageant Final with final judging on the night of the final on July 23.
(Note: The dates mentioned above are subject to change).